So it’s our favorite holiday in the south. The king cakes, the parades, the beads and the parties. But it can also be a time to serve your community. Here are a few ways to give back during the Mardi Gras season:
- Volunteer at the Mardi Gras Mambo Race: Jobs include registration, water stations and helping start the party at the finish line!
- Donate to the Salvation Army: it’s more than a monetary donation! Drop off canned goods, clothes or disaster relief items at your local Salvation Army, or click here to send a monetary donation.
- Volunteer at the BR Zoo: Whether it’s gardening, feeding animals or helping with office clerical work, there is something for everyone at the Baton Rouge Zoo. Check out all of their volunteer opps here.
- Volunteer with animals at CAAWS: Plenty of opportunities from puppy and kitten foster care to volunteering at the animal shelter. Fill out one of their volunteer applications now and see what you can do!
- Volunteer with OLOL Children’s Hospital: tons of ways to get involved with inpatient and outpatient opportunities, no medical background needed! Check out all of their opportunities here.