We’re still struggling through that hard freeze, and for me the best thing for it is a hot toddy – especially considering how many coughs and runny noses are out there. It’s exactly the thing to warm you up and help move things along, sinus-wise.
Bin 77 mixes quite a nice one, but if I don’t have all the ingredients at home (or don’t want to hack and cough all over a bartender while ordering) I’ll instead make a simple cider (also sometimes called a rusty toddy) with heated apple cider and rum or whisky. Something spiced, like Bayou Rum or Fireball, gives it additional kick.
While we heat up some water, here’s your Lineup for Jan. 4 –
- Undisputed Thursdays Hip Hop and R&B Showcase – Ruffins Downtown Daiquiri Lounge, 9 p.m.
- Comedy Etouffee presents JestKinni – Happy’s Downtown, 8:30 p.m.
- Bobby Campo Quartet featuring Judy Davis – Gino’s Restaurant, 8 p.m.
- Chris LeBlanc Acoustic – TimeOut Lounge, 7 p.m.
- J. M. Fritz – La Divina Italian Cafe, 6 p.m.
- Girl’s Night Out – The Melting Pot, 5 p.m.
- Diva Nation Show – Splash Nightclub, 9 p.m.
- Peggy ‘n Rob – Thai Kitchen, 6:30 p.m.
- Rhett Glindmeyer – Ice House Bar & Grill, 7 p.m.
- Heath Ransonnet – Spanky’s Daiquiri’s, 8 p.m.
- Swing Nite – The Station Sports Bar and Grill, 7 p.m.
Image: Melting Pot / Facebook